Friday, January 14, 2011

Some serious revelations! :P

Being a part of the “shaadi market“ for a while now, and I have been put through a wringer for one question, by a lot of people around me: “So, what sort of a guy are you looking for?” or “What qualities do you seek in your partner?”. It comes from people starting from the immediate family members, to the prospective guy himself. Ya, don’t be surprised, even the so called prospects ask such things. They probably want to see whether they even stand a chance with me or no ;)

So today, at a friend’s suggestion, I have decided to spill the beans and make this declaration, answering the golden question. So that next time when someone asks me that, I can technologically divert him/ her to this page and satisfy his/ her curiosity pangs!! :P

People (especially the prospects) may be glad to know, that I DO NOT carry a “haves” and “have-nots” check list in my hand. I’ve always believed that when you speak to someone a couple of times, you just ‘get to know’ whether you really want move ahead with it or no. Some people are physio-gnomic, i.e. external looks of a person are the determining factor for them. For me, a conversation with him sends these decision making signals. Looks can be a part of the complete decision making, but trust you me, it is definitely not one of “THE” deciding factor for me (or even close to it).

I do not expect some celestial handsome dude, riding a horse in his shining armor, coming and kneeling in front of me, kissing my hand and proposing me… Psst, I wouldn’t mind the kneeling and proposing part though ;) Some dramatized action is good at times :D
But jokes apart, I don’t expect a perfect Bollywood- style love story packed for me. They only exist in movies, I strongly believe.

I’ve always dreamt of dating a ‘classy’ man. I am a smart ass indeed, to have chosen this one particular word to describe my dream guy, because I believe, in this one term I can encompass all those clinched adjectives, one expects to hear as an answer: Chivalrous, panache, smart (brain wise), courteous etc etc etc :D

I don’t want to compulsorily work. I would want to take up a job for my own leisure, not work to WORK as such!! ;)

I hate driving, so I wouldn't mind being given a chauffeur driven car in case he’s himself not available to drive me around. Neither would I mind being pampered or being a center of all his attention. :D

Though PDAs is a strict no- no for me.

Lolzz

Ok… after this whimsical description, let’s face actualization. I am ok marrying a decent guy, who may not be a millionaire or the like of some DDLJ’s Raj but who may accept me the way I am, and possess the qualities of making it big (or reasonable good) in times to come. That’s just about it! :)

Before I sign off, let me share some quick real time secrets. This may sound stupid, but people making grammatical errors in speech are the biggest turn- off for me. Another one, for a long time now, I have fantasized about my guy proposing me with the Lionel Richie song “Hello, Is it me you’re looking for….” :D

So people reading this blog, with the intention of getting serious answers to those questions, may just refer to the above two paragraphs and pick his own hints.

Cheers!!

1 comment:

Shivani said...

Keep it Up.. Jeetsu Ahuja.... Good way to shortlist the candidates.. :P